Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sentry PurrScriptions Kitten Squeeze Control Has worked great for 5 years


Sentry PurrScriptions Cat and Kitten Squeeze-On Flea and Tick Control
  • Provides 5 way protection from fleas, deer ticks, flea eggs, larvae and mosquitoes
  • For cats and kittens that weigh over 5 lbs.
  • Nylar, an insect growth regulator kills flea eggs and larvae
  • Zero stars. This stuff is dangerous! Please if you love your cats do not use this product! I made the mistake of applying it on one of my cats. Unlike the more expensive products like Advantage or Frontline this stuff is very runny. When I applied the product between Anna's shoulder blades per the instructions the product ran down her sides. Before we could sop it up Anna had already started licking it. Within a half hour she was twitching shaking and drooling. We bathed her immediately and called the vet and the product helpline. We used a syringe to clean out her mouth. Between poison control the product helpline and the vet we were able to stabilize her. She seemed fine the next day. Though we thought Anna had recovered just a few weeks later out of the blue she began twitching and trembling and breathing through her mouth again. We rushed her to the vet. Anna has never been ill a day in her life she is only four. She is home now after being stabilized on Prednisone. She has been poked prodded Xrayed.and now she is drugged up and lethargic. In the mean time we were advised to look for natural remedies to help control fleas with Anna as she will never be able to tolerate a spot treatment again. Just before administering the Purrscriptions on Anna I remember having second thoughts..How I wish I had trusted my instincts. Please don't take chances and buy the one of the more expensive vet recommended products.Followup. We are happy to say that Anna survived the ordeal. Between the vets and the treatment we spent $800.00. She is now off the prednisone. What an ordeal. Sentry sent us a nice letter of apology and included some toys for Anna. That was nice. My position is the same. Stick with the perscription products. Yes they are expenseive and don't always work but they are regulated. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. I know how expensive spot treatments can be I have eight cats but it's worth it to shell out a few extra bucks as opposed to $800.00. PEACE to all.
    Has worked great for 5 years I just came to reorder more Sentry and read all the bad reviews. I have been more than happy with it. I've used it for 5 years. He's never had a problem with it and has never had fleas or ticks. It's not surprising people who's cats have a bad reaction would write bad reviews to warn others I would. But we've never had a problem with it.The only bad thing about it is the greasy/damp fur after you apply but that comes with any liquid flea protection. I saw a review saying it was running down the side of their cat after application um no unless you have a hairless cat. I give my dog frontline plus and it seems to be the same consistency.Every cat is different so this may not be the best for all but it's best for my cat and more affordable.
    Terrible product do not buy! I bought PurrScriptions plus the other day to use on my 5yearold calico Betsy. Within an hour of application she began acting very lethargic which is not like her at all she's a very vivacious cat so I looked up reviews of other Sentry flea/tick products and read a lot of very unsettling reviews from customers. I felt horrible about giving my cat this treatment that poisoned her.Luckily I ran across advice to wash the treated area with dish soap and even though I ended up badly scratched my cat is doing a lot better.Please don't buy this product. It's cheap but it doesn't do the job and may even kill your pet.
    Good product My cats tend to have sensitive skin and it has been challenging finding a product that was effective in keeping away the fleas that wouldn't hurt my darling girls and that was costeffective.I have to say I'm pleased. It tends to work for as long as the frontline plus or advantage does approximately three weeks instead of the reputed four but it doesn't harm them like the biospot does. One of my cats had a significant skin irriation where the biospot was applied.Like all people and productsno two are alike. Though the advantage was a great product it was cost prohibitive. Though the biospot was cheap it was harmful to my cat. I'm glad that Purrscriptions is working for us.
    Would not recommend without some way of supervised tesing. I started by applying this to 2 of my 3 cats who really were not scratching that much but wanted to keep it that way. Now cats don't like goo on their necks by any means but of all the others tried this one was definitely the worst. Within 2 hours they were cowering in balls trying to get away their back skin twitching oddly and then my female breathing fast. I quickly washed it off them and in fact experienced an asthma attack myself and had to bathe after handling them with it. These are otherwise very healthy and happy 11 and 11 pound plus 1 year olds. The next day the male was scratching at his neck where it had been applied so I washed him again. They are back to their happy selves no thanks to momma who feels like a heel. I did not dare apply it to the 3rd. I could see random reaction if it had been one of the 2. No third strike here. Use with caution.
    Poorriffic experience. Within the first 24 hours after putting the medicine on my cat she threw up three times and had the most miserable look on her little face the following days. Of course after her first accident I immediately rinse it off her skin but it didn't seem to help much. I thought I'd save some money by buying this product instead of the more expensive brands but I'd highly recommend forking out the extra dollars. This medicine is super liquidity and doesn't stay where it should which is probably why my cat got sick. Save yourself the troubles and make you cat happy and AVOID this product. Bad bad bad medicine.


    Provides 5 way protection from fleas, deer ticks, flea eggs, larvae and mosquitoes.For cats and kittens that weigh over 5 lbs..Nylar, an insect growth regulator kills flea eggs and larvae. Sentry PurrScriptions Cat & Kitten Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control - From petco.comMonthly flea, tick, mosquito, flea egg and larvae protection!Sentry PurrScriptions Cat & Kitten Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control is formulated with a revolutionary new adulticide called Etofenprox. Etofenprox has a very low toxicity yet is extremely effective in killing fleas. Etofenprox when applied monthly kills adult fleas, ticks & repels mosquitoes including the mosquito that carries West Nile virus for up to one month. Sentry PurrScriptions Cat & Kitten Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control also includes nylar, an insect growth regulator that kills flea egg and larvae for up to three months per application.Five Way Strong.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment