Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sentry Natural Defense Shampoo 16 Ounce Smells like a baked ham, but works great

Sentry Natural Defense Flea Shampoo Dog 16-Ounce
Sentry Natural Defense Flea Shampoo Dog 16-Ounce Read more...

  • Flea and Tick Dog Shampoo
  • Kills Fleas
  • Natural Ingredients
  • Safe for use around children and pets
  • Easy to use Bottle

  • it works and it's natural but
    Smells like a baked ham but works great I started using Natural Defense Flea Shampoo on my 12 yr. old dachshund. He has fatty tumors growths on various parts of his body so I don't use toxic chemicals on him. This shampoo makes his coat shine without drying out his skin. The cloves make him smell like a baked ham but if that keeps the fleas and mosquitoes off of him that's fine with me. Pet Smart always seems to be sold out of this product so I'm ordering from Amazon.
    Very happy with this product. We got our first family pet last summer and all was going along well until one day I was brushing him and realized that he had managed to get fleas. YIKES! I was not a happy mama. Immediately we went to the store and bought this product after lots of comparing. We followed the directions and after lathering our dog up well we let the shampoo sit for 5 minutes and then rinsed well. We brushed him before washing and then again before rinsing shedding is also a problem for him. It worked well at killing the fleas last fall and thus far has kept them away this summer. We spend a lot of time outdoors and I am pleased that this shampoo has helped keep harmful chemicals off of our dog out of our home and away from our children.The only thing I can think of that could be considered a downside is the scent. It does not bother us but it is a bit of a strong obviously plant based smell. I think it's the cloves that stand out strongly but the smell fades in a day or so and it really isn't an issue for us. I much prefer it to chemical smells and I think that using a natural product is well worth this minimal trade off.
    Natural Defense pet shampoo Ive been using this on my dog for nearly 2 years now. I was originally interested in it because like other reviewers Im not comfortable using endless amounts of chemicals on my pet frontline and heartguard once a month is plenty!. While I dont use it as a flea defence for the dog I have used is to rid my indoor cat of fleas hopefully the first and last time i ever have to bathe a cat! and it seemed to be effective.My dog's fur as well as her skin is so soft shiny and generally healthy that people often comment on it and ask what I use. As for the smell While i dont think ill by myself perfume with the same sent I actually think cedar and cloves are an appropriate smell for a dog. Dogs arn't meant to smell like strawberries and bubblegum. The essential oils seem to keep that 'dog smell' away and her skin and coat fresh for the full 2 weeks between baths.
    Does not work! I used this on my dog today as directed because I've been seeing fleas on him lately even though he is on Frontline which is another bad review I'll have to write later. Anyway I didn't want to use more chemicals on him so I thought I'd try a more natural product.Checked him out tonight and so far I've seen 3 fleas on him just jumping around acting perfectly normal. They didn't seem to be affected by the shampoo at all.The only redeeming quality about this product is it makes your dog smell really nice.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Sentry Natural Defense Natural Flea and Tick Squeeze-On for Dogs and Puppies 40-Pound and Over The good and the ugly I'll note 3 things1The smell is quite intense at 1st. I recommend putting in on outside and taking the dog for a walk. Past the initial smell it's really quite pleasant and my wife started to call our dog our mobile room freshener.2The ugly ...Read the full

    • Brewers Yeast Tablets with Garlic, 1000-Count My dog is so much happier. This year we have had a severe flea problem and even frontline wasn't working. On top of that my dog is allergic to fleas. She had bald spots her skin was dried out from all the chemical treatments I was using to ...Read the full

    • Safari Flea Comb with a Double Row of Teeth Really works! This flea comb far surpassed my expectations. After battling fleas for a couple of weeks I had resorted to handpicking them because all the medications I tried were not working. It is SO hard to catch those things without this ...Read the full

    • Sentry Natural Defense Natural Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs and Puppies, 8-Fluid Ounce Thank GOD for these ingredients! All of the sudden we had a tick problem. We live in S Florida in a well landscaped community. We've lived here for five years and we've found one tick on our Boxer who goes on runs with us and goes to the dog park. We have used ...Read the full

    • Sentry Natural Defense Natural Household Spray, 12-Ounce Love this stuff. I bought this originally because I thought our cats had fleas and wanted to spray around their areas. It's turned out to be a great all around product. It doesn't smell chemicaly aggravate my allergies or give me a headache ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment