Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea Collar Doesn't Work as Advertised

Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea &Tick Dog Collar
Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea &Tick Dog Collar Read more...

  • May be cut to size
  • Getting wet will not affect control
  • Last for 7 months
  • Kill fleas, flea eggs and ticks
  • Use on puppy's 6 weeks of age or older

  • Works better than drops I used to use those drops for my dogs for fleas and ticks but after using a very expensive brand of flea drops and still getting a full flea infestation which required fumigation I switched to flea collars upon a friend's advice. I will never go back to the drops pills or anything but flea collars.
    Works but.. I used Hartz UltraGuard OneSpot on my cat and it did get rid of the fleas but it left his hair a matted greasy mess. Three weeks later it's still that way. I've even washed the hair on his neck but it's impossible to remove the grime. Unfortunately he's a longhaired white cat and it looks terrible. I'm going back to alternating Frontline and Advantage.
    If you love your pet don't buy Hartz products!!!!! Two days ago I purchased six flea collars for my cats ranging in age from 152 years. All were perfectly healthy up to date on their shots had terrific appetites and no problem using the litter box. Tonight I have six very sick catsthe oldest worse than the others. They are lethargic throwing up their eyes are matted and they are not using the litter. They are on expensive urinary health dry food and are indoor cats. They ONLY new thing in their life has been the damned flea collars. Tomorrow I will be taking all six to the vet. DON'T USE HARTZ PRODUCTS!!!! I wish I had gone on the web to read what other pet owners had to say about this company before making my cats ill with this defective product.
    Not worth it I was using Frontline on my Beagles and Chihuahua for years it worked great but its a bit pricey times three so I looked for some possible treatment solutions between the spot ons.This product and the Hartz flea spray I purchased along side it did not work at all. My dogs went from totally flea free to itching after their walks. Then the cat who wasn't on a flea specific treatment as she never goes outside and the dogs had previously never brought anything in started itching too.I immediately went back to using Frontline on the dogs and now Revolution on the cat.I also recently discovered the multitudes of lawsuits and websites against Hartz. I know that every product has its side effects and there will inevitably be someone or something with a reaction. But the amount of pets hurt by these products is really astounding.Our pets are worth the extra money. We made them our responsibility and we owe it to them to keep them safe and healthy. We'll never go near another Hartz product.
    Victims due to this product Go to Hartzvictims.OrgI am not a crusading nut my cat got poisoned by this stuff. I applied it correctly. Within an hour she had seizures and tremors. 4 days of an uphill battle for her. She is now fine but please don't harm your animals using this stuff. Same with BIOSPOT or Sargents.
    Is there an option for zero stars? I have NEVER bought a Hartz product that worked period. STAY AWAY from anything they make. You'll have to be careful as they like to put out products under different brand names but if you look carefully you'll eventually find the Hartz name or logo. Money in the trash.You're better off with Sergeant products. You might have to pay a little more for some of their stuff but you get what you pay for. Sergeant's stuff works.
    Completely Effective! I have purchased this product several times over the past years and have found it completely effective in preventing flea and tick infestations on my dog. One has to remember to stretch the product to break the seal before putting it on the animal as there is a thin waxlike seal/coating on the boxed product which preserves the effectiveness of the product until use.
    Doesn't Work as Advertised Our little rat terrier attracts fleas like a comic book convention attracts costumed attendees. We've tried several different flea collars including the HARTZ ULTRA GUARD FLEA AND TICK COLLAR. The box says that this collar is supposed to offer 7months of protection. It's supposed to kill fleas and ticks and prevent the hatching of flea eggs. The collar does seem to work but it only lasts for about 23 months. After that time our little dog is once again scratching and biting. Until recently I was unaware of the multiple lawsuits against the Hartz company. Personally we've never had an issue with Hartz products but after reading about the lawsuits it is something one should be aware. Overall though the HARTZ ULTRA GUARD FLEA AND TICK COLLAR works it doesn't work for as long as it says it does. I recommend using a flea and tick collar from a different company.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Hartz UltraGuard Collar For Large Dogs Inexpensive effective no problems There seem to be a lot emotional reviews over hypothetical concerns about the chemical in this product. I realize that the collar works because it is made with an insecticide. Obviously we shouldn't be eating ...Read the full

    • Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea &Tick Cat Collar Horrendous! Almost killed my cat. This product ought to be pulled from the shelves!!!!!!! It almost killed my cat who after a fleafree life wound up with fleas this past summer and I purchased this product to help address that problem. Yes yes I simultaneously ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Home Spray, 22oz I use it alot! i have two outside pens for my dog to use. i spray this product on her rugs and anywhere else in both pens to keep the ants and fleas away. i have not seen fleas around so far but the ants are always trying to be a pest. it ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Rid Flea & Tick Shampoo for Dogs 18oz (Citrus) Great value works well smells good This flea shampoo works pretty well in my opinion. It kills the fleas right away and it smells good. It may take a couple baths to kill every single flea because they often hide when you start bathing your dog. I would suggest ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Rid Flea & Tick Shampoo for Dogs with Oatmeal 18oz It was effective! My boxer had ticks and I bathed her with this shampoo and followed the directions covered her whole body and left it on her for 5 minutes then rinsed. Voila! ticks started dropping off her left and right.she feels so much better! I know hartz ...Read the full

    2 comments:

    1. i will always use dog flea collars. my dog is young good and healthy

      ReplyDelete