Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sergeants Gold Flea Squeeze On 5 Pound WARNING URGENT THIS IS POISON

Sergeant's Gold Flea and Tick Squeeze-On Cat Over 5-Pound
Sergeant's Gold Flea and Tick Squeeze-On Cat Over 5-Pound Read more...

  • Kills fleas, flea eggs, larvae, ticks and mosquito's
  • Gentle protection
  • 5-Way protection
  • 3-Month application
  • Flea and tick cat squeeze-on

  • HORRIFIC experience! PLEASE DO NOT USE! I have a small cat and so I bought the Sergeant's Gold flea medication for cats 5 lbs and under and applied it on Friday thinking it would be good since it was formulated for kitties her size. If only I could attach a photo to show the TERRIBLE REACTION it caused.By the time I got back from dinner yesterday a quarter sized hot spot had appeared where the medication had been administered behind my poor kitty's head. She was frantically scratching it and crying in pain. The area was raw and bleeding and I had to take her to the emergency vet that night. The vet took one look at the wound and asked if I had used Sergeant's brand specifically.After a $240 appointment my vet told me this was NOT UNCOMMON and that they had seen COUNTLESS reactions like this with Sergeant's. It absolutely kills me that I didn't know how caustic this product was! Now she's cleaned up has a 2 square section on the back of her neck shaved a topical medicine an antibioltic injection and a kitty sweater to stop her from scratching the painful hot spot.Stay as far away from this as you can spend an extra $10 on something that won't harm your pet! If I could give this 0 stars I would. We will never use this product again and hope to see it swiftly removed from the shelves of all retailers who are mislead enough to stand behind the brand.
    BAD for cats!!! I had bought this and applied it on my cat from my local grocery store before reading all the reviews here. I flipped and gave my cat a bath with Dawn and water and he's fine. At the Vet today to treat the fleas I asked him about this product and he confirmed that it really DOES work as a neurotoxin on many but not all cats. I would *NOT* risk treating your animals with this product. Just spoke to my grocer and they're going to look into pulling this product from their shelves.
    Scary Horrible Experience My sister applied this product to our cat in between his shoulder blades and also put a cone on him for about two hours because he tends to lick himself a lot. Within 10 to 15 minutes after taking the cone off he came downstairs and started running everywhere..we immediately went to go see what was wrong and we became very scared!! He was having a seizure!!! He released his bowels was running into walls and was extremely hard to control. We put him in the bath tub to wash off this horrible poison and it was not helping he was still extremely erratic and he began biting himself very hard. We quickly put the cone back on so he would stop biting himself grabbed towels and his pet carrier and rushed him to an emergency vet facility. Luckily we got him in on time he is doing much better now but is still in a delicate state. We have learned that pets react differently to these products but why take a chance? I did more research and these type of flea control products carry the same toxins that products such as raid have.
    this customer not happy This customer was not happy due to products arriving with bright yellow and orange stickers on them that said $1 and Last chance on the products as if the flea products had been bought at a swop meet or flea market. I let the vendor know about this and then did NOT use the products/could not trust they would do what I bought them to do/ or would be safe on our cats.
    DANGEROUS! DO NOT BUY This product is dangerous for your cat. DO NOT purchase this item. Our cat had an allergic reaction and we had to rush to the vet for treatment. Common symptoms for poisoning from this product are tremors seizures and death. Other unwanted side effects are irritated skin at application site and loss of hair at application site. Avoid the product and at the very least you will avoid the vet bills from an allergic reaction.
    Terrible Product! I would give this product zero stars or negative stars if I could. This product is awful! I had been using Revolution and though it worked really well I realized I was out and overdue to treat my cat. I was in the grocery store and I happened to see Sergeant's in the pet isle so I decided to try it. I figured that this product has been around since I was a little kid so it must still exist after all these years for a reason. So I used Sergeant's Gold on my cat and he put up an enormous fight which is unusual for him. He fought off my husband and me as if we were trying to kill him.
    WARNING URGENT THIS IS POISON DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT. Put this product on my cat as directed. She seemed confused didn't play as usual or eat or take her usual nap. Just happened to check side effects of this product and found an incredible number of people who lost their pets to this POISON. Luckily I had enough sense to wash it off with a mild soap and she seems to be getting back to her normal self but I won't be satisfied until I'm certain she's out of the woods.
    Not the Best but not bad. I own three cats and have dealt with fleas for a while when I first got them. I tried Frontline and Advantage from the vet's office. They didn't work all that well honestly. I felt bad that my mother was buying the flea medicine and it wasn't working all that well. I'm disabled and at the time hadn't been getting my disability check to cover costs yet. So I gave in and bought this product from Walmart to give it a try. I used it two months in a row and it worked better than all the other stuff my mom purchased for my cats. The fleas were gone. It did leave an oily spot on their heads. I don't place it on the back of the neck because one of my cats is really flexible and can lick there. We learned that when using Frontline for the first time which caused her to foam at the mouth. So even the name brand vet medicines will cause a cat to foam at the mouth or become a little sick if ingested it has nothing to do with it being cheap. However none of my cats have ever become sick from using this product. Therefore I'm still using it. I just used it again today even though I don't see any signs of fleas since I babysat a friend's cat for a week.
    This is a dangerous product! My parents used this product on their cat and she got sick and died shortly afterward. The cat stopped eating and became lethargic right after receiving the medication and rapidly deteriorated. The vet couldn't tell what was wrong with her but assumed it was old age since she was 16 years old. However the timing of her sudden illness right after being treated with this medication seems very consistent with the negative experiences being reported by other reviewers here.
    Unsure of the truth here Why do I get this strange strange feeling that some here are embellishing the truth?? I am getting this real feeling that there are some here that are flat out lying about the effecacy of this medicinepossibly due to them working for Frontline or Advantagewhich are trying desperately to keep their profits. I see some of the same ingredients in these 'HORRIBLETERRIBLE' meds that are cheaper in the Advantage/Frontline meds! It works in the 'high priced' meds but is DANGEROUS in the cheaper ones? Where's the truth herereally? I am totally skeptical.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Sergeant's 24-Ounce Flea-Free Breeze Home and Carpet Spray a helpful product fragrance is nice but very strong! a spray like FleaFree Breeze which not only kills fleas but also keeps flea eggs from developing into biting adults is a valuable tool in controling and preventing fleas in your home. i bought this product once ...Read the full

    • Sergeant's 40-60-Pound Gold Flea and Tick Squeeze-On Dog Deadly in recommended doses Please do research before giving this product to your pet there are thousands literally thousands of people online who have use a RECOMMENDED DOSE on their dogs which resulted in everything from weeping sores to death. The active ...Read the full

    • Gold Sqz-On Cats Over 5 Lbs - 01062 - Bci This product is dangerous The review above must be staged. This product IS DANGEROUS. I have reviewed for the other listing for this product as well. I applied this to my cat on Saturday and it is now Tuesday. As of Monday she had only eaten less than 1/2 cup of ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment